14 Aug 2017

Necron Lychguard Squad w/ Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields

Hello Readers, thanks for dropping by, here is my latest offering, a squad of Lychguard armed with Hyperphase Swords (AP-3) and Dispersion Shields (4++).
There are two ways of playing Lychguard, one with all Warscythes (+2 S) relying on their T5 and 3+ save to keep them around, and the other way, using the Hyperphase Sword and Dispersion Shield to give them the resilience to stick around in the fight. Add an HQ aura nearby with a Res Orb and these can punch above their own weight.
I painted these the same as my Necrons, but with a lot more Gold bling to show their high status above lowly Warriors, these are the bodyguard for Necron Lords and Overlords. I may use these to shield my Overlord with Warscythe, but it will be interesting to see how 8th affects these - now Initiative isn't an issue, a Warscythe squad will certainly hit harder on the charge!
Thanks for dropping by, hopefully you are all expanding your forces with 8th! I am looking forward to painting my Primaris Marines, Scythes of the Emperor make the most sense after nearly being wiped out by the Tyranid Hive Fleet Kraken... which by good fortune is the Hive Fleet I had settled on for my Genestealer Cult!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin