11 Aug 2014

Terrain and Scenery - Rocky Outcrop

My latest terrain idea to populate my Games Table with nice looking terrain and scenery is this Rocky Outcrop. Made from expanded polystyrene foam, a little mortar debris (the spiky rock) and mounted on some 3mm Hardboard (Fibreboard).
The expanded foam needs sealing with a PVA/water mix undercoat or paint before spraying with any aerosols as the propellant in the cans often melts the expanded foam - I hand painted the rocks before spray sealing some GW model sand around the hardboard base. Then I continued with the painting once sealed.
I used my normal recipe of Calthan Brown, with Kommando Khaki and Bleached Bone dry brush highlights. Finished off with a touch of flock to add some interest.
I hope this has given you an idea of how to make quick and effective, easy, good looking terrain! For more terrain ideas please see the labelled posts "Terrain".

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Terrain looks great.

    When everything is set up on the board, take a pic for us!

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin