10 Mar 2014

Relictors Landspeeder - Apocalypse Suppression Squadron

Coming at you from sea still - A small update to my ever growing Relictor Battle Company, another landspeeder which I found in my big pile-o'-to-do box, I intended this for a Apocalypse Suppression Squadron when Apoc came out, so finally I had this completed in January! Now I just have to go find the rules somewhere as it is not in the latest Apoc edition... basically the Landspeeder acts as a spotter and if has LOS, the Whirlwinds don't count as firing indirectly - or something along those lines. Anyway, one can never have too many anti-tank fast options for 40K.
The frontal view shows the underslung sensor package, this is the Marine Sensor from the Apoc Command Upgrade Sprue. And because the formation can be any type of Landspeeder, I opted for a basic MM armed one so I could field in a normal game of 40K when points were tight.
The tail fin has the numeral III as it is the third Landspeeder I have done, so all three can operate as a Squadron if wanted.
The rear thrusters of the landspeeder show a red and blue 'light', just the same as the others and the same as any Marine Backpack or Terminator waist in the army so far, a visual link to the rest of the force. Grab a mini and look - see bet you didn't even notice they were there!
Finally, a shot of the whole Squadron together - that must be able to toast a Landraider or Sicaran Battletank or two...

1 comment:

  1. To let you know, the formation you referenced is not in the main Apocalypse book. It is however in the Damnos War Zone book.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin