22 Dec 2009

WIP Relictors Assault Squad II

So, I took these chaps to work abroad, but didn't get anywhere near finished! (work hard for a living). As you can see from the side bar project list, I still have 12 to do, these 10 plus the remaining 2 from the first squad.

This is the 2nd squad for the Relictors, but I was going for a much darker moody look than the last squad found here. The exhausts for the jump-packs will be black, the swords black and the sergeant will be the Serg Cullen FW model with chaos head and powerfist/combat shield combo.
The heads are from the Chaos Vehicle accessory sprue and some other chaos sprue which I must of had in my bitz box. Very skull like and very Relictor imho. However, I didn't want them to be bone colour as that denotes Veteran status in my army - so a cold steel colour won.

Will keep me busy over the next month, along with the EFTC. What d'you think?

2 comments:

  1. Nice head swap siph, those chaos heads and the black swords will definitely make them look pretty menacing, especially next to the standard assault marines in the other post.

    I know which one i'd be more inclined to shoot at first on the tabletop :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed, those chaos bits do add a lot of extra character. What I like best about them is that they make the mini more sinister, but not necessarily chaotic.

    Oh, and no worries I'm sticking my the Relictors as well. Silly Nids and Dark Wolves are just a fun distraction every now and then ;-)

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin