7 Apr 2009

Relictor Vindicator #3 of 3 - Linebreaker Squadron

Finally finished the third and final Vindy and a great feeling to have my first Apocalypse formation done and dusted (plus the obvious benefit of having 3 heavy support options for my Relictors!). This is Vindicator number 1, 'Infernum', the Command tank of the Relictors Vindicator Linebreaker Squadron attached to my 5th Company.
Subtle differences on this tank were a different chain on Siege Shield, a Skull Motif with bones under the drivers vision slit rather than just a skull (denotes Command Tank), the wound marker Skull on Siege Shield and of course the SM Command Sensor atop the hatch ring plus some FW purity seals. I'm quite pleased with the mud effect on Siege Shield - not over the top and the two tone mix looks good IMHO.

So without further rambling, here is the Squadron.
More pictures available at the 'Finished Relictors' tab in the sidebar>>>>

9 comments:

  1. very nice. these look great and as an apoc formation they are quite formidable on the table. looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looks great!

    It's nice to see all 3 vindi lined up together likt that! Great job,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Siph - say how much was getting the base work done on the tanks? Seems like a good area to save time without losing control.

    Also - skull wound marker is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job. I too like the subtle amount of mud on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Tristan, check out paintedfigs.com, they have a cost spreadsheet for purchase and/or painting. It was $20 a tank plus P&P but discount if you pay up front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! What mix is your base grey?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erfunk, Thanks, base grey is Codex Grey, Badab Black wash and drybrush highlight is Fortress Grey. Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ruth

    http://laptopmessengerbag.info

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers Cedric, every one welcome. Nice to think i've caught the eye of a 'normal' person! If you want a great hobby - I could recommend this one to consume your time/money/space/sanity ha ha
    Right, time to start next project...

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin