27 Mar 2009

Relictor Sternguard Veteran

So, I have made some slow progress with starting my Sternguard Unit. I'm gonna have a unit of ten so I can field 5 or 10 as appropriate. The thought of all that Special Ammo blasting away the Emperor's enemies is too good to miss! This one was from the original SM Veterans Boxset, I added a bolter sling (Cadian Lasgun strap).

I have been looking around for some backpacks to finish of these guys for some time, I did settle for normal SM backpacks with a painted numeral "I" on them to denote 1st Company but GW recently released a bitz pack containing 1 Chirugeon Backpack (Fabius Bile) and 4 Cypher Fallen Angel Backpacks, needless to say, these were just the ticket and screamed RELICTOR Veterans and the Chirugeon pack will suit my Apothecary (who said a 'lil bit of Chaos is not good for you?) Thank-you GW!
I'll leave you with some other views showing the backpack in all its ghastly glory. Only 9 Veteran Sternguard left...
(Awaiting Superglue from mail order, hence the sticky yellow tack between the backpack and body!)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Those back packs are a very nice addition and are a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like those backpacks a lot. The paint job is the real winner here though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Siph these look great - the Cypher backpack is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cypher backpacks really suit the Relictors extremely well. Great paint job as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Folks thank-you for your kind words, working on the next one, an old Blood Angel Death Company with Teardrops removed and replaced with tiny skulls (fiddly)and a WFB Chaos Marauder cloak but Vindicators are getting priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, was rather tempted by those packpaks as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go on ahead Willem-Jan! Just do it. C'mon, Relictors need all the reinforcements we can muster. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin' good! REAL good! Joey likes! :)

    I especially like the backpacks...they add a nice touch that I really didn't expect to work as well as it does. Good eye spotting those and putting them to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost went down that path as those backpacks are very nice indeed. Instead I've stuck with the normal backpacks as I didn't want to take away from the robes and converted weapons of my Sternguard....which I'm still in the middle of painting ;-)

    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/hephesto555666/Relictors/r29.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Vets Willem-Jan, I've got a whole 10 man Assault Squad with those Chaos helmets that look like skulls. Checked out your photobucket album, nice indeed. More relictor yummys.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin